What is ZeoFeed?
- ZeoFeed is a silicate of sedimentary origin from the clinoptilolite family.
- ZeoFeed is a clinoptilolite of sedimentary origin and authorised under the identification number 1g568 as a technological feed additive according to Regulation (EC) Nr. 1831/2003 in the functional group 1g – binders and in the functional group 1i – release agents.
- ZeoFeed is used to improve fluidity and to soften pellets in dairy feeds.
- ZeoFeed effectively binds free water in feed (reducing the Aw level). This improves the shelf life of feeds and reduces the oxidative process.
- ZeoFeed is used as an active filler in mineral feeds and premixes.
- ZeoFeed is a 100% effective inorganic fibre. This effect leads to improved digestion.
- ZeoFeed effectively binds harmful substances without binding nutritionally relevant substances (e.g. vitamins, trace elements, enzymes, etc.)
- Harmful substances such as ammonia are bound effectively.
ZeoFeed can be used with all animal types
ZeoFeed can be added to complete feed by up to 10,000 mg/kg.
The standard grain size is 0-200 μm (other grain sizes: 0.2-0.5 mm, 0.5-1 mm, 1-2.5 mm, 0-1 mm). As a feed additive to reduce the moisture content of the manure (binder).
Clinoptilolite is also often used as a spreading agent (e.g. in broiler and turkey fattening stables) to keep the litter dry. It also binds ammonia and improves the climate in the stable.
ZeoFeed has an excellent price/performance ratio for the compound feed industry.